Cookie Confirm changelog
* - Security Fix
# - Bug Fix
$ - Language fix or change
+ - Addition
^ - Change
~ - Change (miscellaneous)
- - Removed
! - Note
Cookie Confirm 2.6.0 stable - Released 31-March-2014
This is a maintenance and bugfix release with some (usability) improvements and two fixes. All users are kindly requested to update.
Please update your Download IDs if you subscribed before December 27th 2013 and you haven't done it already.
This section briefly explains the most important and non-self-explanatory changes. Please see the changelog below for all changes.
+ Languages quick icon
The Control Panel now has a Languages quick icon which redirects to the Languages download page of www.twentronix.com.
^ Improved Configuration view with tabs
Cookie Confirm's configuration view now has tabs which improves the user experience.
~ Now using the built-in Joomla! extensions updater instead of Live Update to deliver updates (thanks, Nicholas!)
Cookie Confirm can now be updated just like any other Joomla! extension, using the Joomla! extensions update feature. Please see the documentation for more information.
This method IS NOT supported on Joomla! 2.5.18 or earlier and Joomla! versions 3.0.0 up to and including 3.2.0. If you are using these versions you MUST update manually (see the documentation).
On Joomla! 2.5.19 and all later versions in the 2.5.x range (but not Joomla! 3.x or later) you also need the "Installer - Twentronix" plugin to be installed and published on your site. This plugin is automatically installed and published when you install Cookie Confirm on these Joomla! versions. If you are not sure, please go to your site's administrator, click on Extensions, Plug-in Manager and verify that this plugin is installed and published. If this plugin is not installed or not published you will see the updates but you will NOT be able to install them. Instead you will see an error message telling you about a 403 or 404 error message received. If you do not see the plugin on your site please update manually, with the method described in the documentation.
~ Improved versioning of development releases so they can be updated to official versions with the Joomla! extensions updater
The development update stream is not required anymore because development releases can now be updated to stable versions. This is achieved by using (almost fully) semantic versions for development releases. It also prevents you from accidentally 'updating' to older versions when using a developer release.
- Removed development update stream and minimum update stability
This has been removed because it's not supported by the Joomla! extensions updater. If you only want to update to stable versions, then please make sure to check the stability of the version before you update.
- [HIGH] Could in rare cases not accept/decline cookies when warnings were enabled and "Never log these IPs" or "Automatically accept cookies for these IPs" was empty or contained incorrect IPs
- [LOW] Don't show Cookie Confirm GUI in iframes
- Improved Configuration view with tabs
- Improved release date formatting
- Improved versioning of development releases so they can be updated to official versions with the Joomla! extensions updater
- Now using the built-in Joomla! extensions updater instead of Live Update to deliver updates (thanks, Nicholas!)
- Removed Google Chrome cache bug fix for privacy settings (added in Cookie Confirm 1.0.3). It doesn't seem to be required anymore
- Removed development update stream and minimum update stability
Cookie Confirm 2.5.1 stable - Released 13-February-2014
- [HIGH] Show an error message when accepting/declining cookies failed (thanks, Nicholas!)
- [LOW] Fixed search by description and attribute of blockelements view
- [LOW] Privacy settings overlapped modals which could result in inaccessible modal navigation
- When intro text accepted/declined is empty, use its language strings as a fallback (when using message source: text areas)
- Minified backend.css
- Minified backend.js
- Minified cookieconfirm.js
- User Experience improvement: ordered radio buttons like the Joomla core
Cookie Confirm 2.5.0 stable - Released 17-January-2014
Besides the fix mentioned below, this release contains the same modifications as the Cookie Confirm 2.5.0 rc1 release. Please see the release notes of Cookie Confirm 2.5.0 rc1 for more information.
- [MEDIUM] Updating the GeoIP database gives a fatal error if its plugin isn't published
Cookie Confirm 2.5.0.rc1 rc - Released 06-January-2014
- [HIGH] Clicking a link of the Cookie Confirm GUI resulted in automatically accepting/declining cookies when auto consent is used (e.g. with Implicit consent type)
- [LOW] Consent was in certain cases logged multiple times when the Privacy settings was shown
- Possibility to show custom placeholder text for Content restriction plugin
- Possibility to show placeholder for Content restriction plugin
- Toolbar help button
- Improved Control Panel CSS
- Now using the new MaxMind GeoLite2 Country database, via the optional "System - Akeeba GeoIP provider plugin" plugin, available as a separate download from https://www.akeebabackup.com (thank you, Nicholas!).
- Renamed variables of plgContentCcmconsentbutton template ($class->$btnClass, $text->$btnText)
- Removed Disable GeoIP feature (third party extensions which do not load the GeoIP database properly won't give issues anymore)
Cookie Confirm 2.4.3 stable - Released 08-November-2013
- [HIGH] Fixed fatal error when JSON library doesn't exist (only for some PHP 5.5 distributions)
- [LOW] Fixed Akeeba Backup System Restore Points integration
- [LOW] Some backend toolbar icons were hidden with new FOF version
- [MEDIUM] Fixed displaying images of JoomGallery when SEF URLs and URL suffix is enabled
- Implemented Twentronix Framework
- Improved blockelements view
- Improved toolbar
- (J3.2) Improved backend display (added toolbar icon and fixed title color)
Cookie Confirm 2.4.2 stable - Released 30-September-2013
- [LOW] Fix calendar buttons of statistics view (Joomla! 3)
- [MEDIUM] Google Analytics cookies were not whitelisted when "Enable Google Analytics" was set to "Always"
- [MEDIUM] The FOF cache was not cleared on update, which caused profiles to malfunction
- Disable GeoIP option
- New notification type (Disabled)
- Performance improvement (removed unnecessarily $db->execute())
- Performance improvement (used the session as a cache for the country)
- Removed GeoIP.dat from the download package. Replaced with instructions to download it.